Friday, June 4, 2010

100 Questions


100 Questions is a complete and total failure. I know NBC was left with a huge gap to fill when Friends went off the air six years ago. This show is quite possibly the network's most pathetic attempt at filling that gap. I mean really, the two male leads are such deliberate and obvious rip offs of Joey and Chandler that I just call them Joey and Chandler. The characters are completely unoriginal, the writing is jaw droppingly bad, and for God's sake will someone turn down the laugh track.

You know those movies and shows that are about making really bad TV shows? Well 100 Questions is the bad show they are making. I feel like talking about how unwatchable this show is is like beating a dead horse. NBC reduced the number of episodes from 13 to 6, various cast members are now on other shows, and NBC hasn't wasted one dime promoting it. So however official or unofficial the cancellation is....it's pretty much cancelled.

However, there is one good thing about this comedy. Smith Cho who plays Leslie is a stand out actress. Her comedic timing is enjoyable. These actors have to deliver some of the worst dialogue ever written. But when Cho recites her lines, I can see that it's just bad writing not bad writing and bad acting.

I don't know why NBC even bothered to air this...this insult. And on Thursdays too. I usually can depend on their Thursday night line up to be quality (even though they have nothing good on for the other six days of the week). I watched two episodes of this show, because I seriously thought maybe the pilot was especially bad but the rest of the episodes would be better. I was so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment