Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hot In Cleveland

I am so excited for this show to premiere on TVland. Hot in Cleveland is a scripted comedy about 3 women in their late 40s that can't find love in LA. So they decide to take a girls trip to the most romantic place on earth, Paris. Their flight has to make and emergency landing in Cleveland, and as the ladies are hanging out in the airport they realize that they are getting a lot of male attention. They are hot in Cleveland....get it? This premise is hilarious. I can't help but be reminded of a joke made on 30 Rock when the character Liz Lemon comes back to NYC after spending time in Cleveland and she says "In Ohio I'm a model" and carries the local newspaper circular as proof.

Hot In Cleveland premieres on June 16th on TVLand and stars Jane Leeves, Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, and Wendie Malick. I am so looking forward to this show. All these ladies have proven comedic talents and I am definitely riding the Betty White bandwagon. But I have one major concern. This show has a great cast and hilarious premise, so why is it on TVLand? Why not a network? This leads me to think it might suck, but I will definitely give the first few episodes a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment